Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Simply Following Together :Your Ekklesia Story - pt. 2

We are continuing to share your Ekklesia Stories as we move towards this Sunday's Service at Hawkins Elementary school to celebrate our 5th year as a community.  We will meet at 5:30 Sunday night in the cafeteria at Hawkins Elementary, and we hope to see you there!

Here is the Ekklesia Story that our brother and friend John Bishop (on the right below) wrote:




"I'm not sure what I was looking for or even how I ended up at Ekklesia, although it may have been Sharon Miles who invited me. Regardless, it was immediately compelling for reasons similar to my three word description above [Christ-centered, Service-oriented, Welcoming].  Their is a devotion to what being a "follower of Christ" means, a constant focus on how we might better serve the community beyond Ekklesia. In addition, I wasn't in the best space emotionally or spiritually and was intimidated by attending alone, but what I was met with, beginning my very first visit, was warmth. I just don't think people knew how much I needed that. I felt I could come broken and lonely and still be accepted."
          -John Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment