If you weren't here last night you can catch the podcast here. Here are some questions that can hopefully get the discussion going within your small groups or casual conversations this week.
1) We talked about how quickly Jesus moves the conversation from his own title, to his function. It is also a move from what the disciples believe to how they live. Talk about some ways in which you have seen this transition in your own spiritual journey.
2) Why do you think this idea of "Denying Yourself" is given such a foundational role in our identity as a disciple of Christ?
3) Have you had any experiences when the counter intuitive act of self denial led to something important, meaningful, and/or surprising?
4) Is anyone going to be commemorating the season of Lent in any ways that would be applicable? Is there any way that the others in the group can help you as you do this?
5) What do you see as more difficult for you: The idea of martyrdom (dying for Christ if need be) or the idea of daily sacrificial living?