Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Simply Following Together - Your Ekklesia Story part 3


We are continuing to share your Ekklesia Stories as we move towards this Sunday's Service at Hawkins Elementary school to celebrate our 5th year as a community.  We will meet at 5:30 Sunday night in the cafeteria at Hawkins Elementary, and we hope to see you there!

Here is the Ekklesia Story that our sister and friend Meredith Breckenridge English  (on the left) wrote:





"I remember joining in on some of the very first meetings when Ekklesia was just getting started. Since then, it has been exciting to see a group of people dedicated to seeking Christ and loving others rather than trying to fit into the "church" mold. Faith has always been a very important part of my life; however, I had given up on church until I started going to Ekklesia. It was refreshing and encouraging to find a group of people who could live in community, reach out to our larger community, and seek to follow Christ without agreeing on every social issue or fine theological point. The community groups and book studies that I participated in challenged and encouraged me. Neighbors at Hawkins showed me that a small group of dedicated people really can transform lives. When several Ekklesia friends stepped up to help with my wedding, I felt the true blessing of community. I no longer live in Hattiesburg, but I do follow the podcasts and certainly still "share life" with many of my Ekklesia friends, even from a distance. Ekklesia Hattiesburg has helped me understand "the body of Christ" in a whole new way and I am thankful!"
                       - Meredith Breckenridge English

No comments:

Post a Comment