Monday, March 21, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
1. Food Item (sweets, fried food, meat, etc.)
3. Say "NO" to something that is a waste of money & time.
4. The need to be right.
5. Grabbing the best parking spot. Let someone else have it, and the walk will do you good.
6. Facebook, Twitter, MySpace
7. Buying things for yourself.
9. Stop listening to depressing music or talk radio& enjoy silence or something uplifting
10. Alcohol, soft drinks, etc.
11. Complaining about where you are in life. Stop whining about how great things were there, and thinking "I will be happy when..." Be content and make today better.
12. Let go of the grudges and stop rehearsing the past events. Forgive those who have hurt you.
1. Commit yourself to a small group or meeting weekly with a friend who encourages you in your faith.
2. Use your blinker. Drive the speed limit.
3. Pause before you speak. Listen more than you speak.
4. Tell the Truth.
5. Clean up after yourself.
6. Be early.
7. Tip big.
8. Start Recycling from your home or place of work.
9. Find a way to go to bed earlier, so you get enough rest.10. Set aside 15 minutes a day to Be still and Know that You are NOT God.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Meeting in the FELLOWSHIP HALL at 5:30pm.
The Way of the Child recognizes that children have an innate spirituality with a natural acceptance of mystery, an amazing capacity for awe, a vital imagination, a longing to be their unique selves, and an ability to be open to and receive God's love.
The Way of the Child
- Takes seriously and joyfully children's capacities, deep needs, and spirits
- Leads children into a deeper relationship with God
- Instills in children spiritual practices to form lifelong habits
- Encourages children to respond to God in awe
- Helps children embrace all of life, responding to God's call
- Provides an experience of vital community
The retreat is $25 per Adult, with a $60 Maximum for a family.
The price includes lodging and 3 meals.
We will have childcare and fun children's activities when the adults are in a session (1 on Friday night and 2 on Saturday). This weekend is fun and relaxing for all ages. We'll have a bonfire, eat good food, rest and play together.